[DeTomaso] More Horsepower!

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Wed May 24 14:05:11 EDT 2017

More horse power equals more heat. *I can certainly agree with that
statement!* Boring a Cleveland block can sometimes cause more heat also
due to the thin wall castings and casting flaws in the block's cylinder
area. Many people many disagree with all of this, but I experienced both
issues with having a .030 bored block and making more horse power. I did
everything possible to my cooling system and did manage to get the heat
under control. I gave up on the cast iron Cleveland block years ago and
went with a Fontana aluminum block with CHI 3V aluminum heads and fuel
injection. It wasn't cheap, but it was the best thing that I every did
to the car.