[DeTomaso] replacing clutch return spring

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon May 22 18:29:57 EDT 2017

Ed,

Most cars have that spring hanging broken now. Few have bothered to fix it because it doesn't appear to do anything meaningful except to slightly increase pedal effort.

I have seen some people drill small holes in the pedal arm and sheetmetal under the dash and run a straight-pull spring, like a carb return spring.

I can think of so many other things I would fix first....

Mike

Sent from my iPhone