[DeTomaso] More Horsepower!

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Mon May 22 15:04:10 EDT 2017

Sean, the Cleveland AC/alt bracket must be modified to fit any Windsor or windsor-clone. There's a photo of the bracket so modified, on the back of this month's Newsletter (being printed as we speak). All the rest can be swapped across the two different blocks, but expect oil pressure on the stock gauge to be different- it comes directly off the oil filter, not at the end of the block. Aviaid makes a racing oil pan for the W block. I would use a dipstick off a 351-W van- it will be too long but can be trimmed. Oh yeah- unless you go for an all-aluminum engine, all 351-Windsor blocks weigh about the same as a stock Cleveland. And that's with 2-bolt main caps & straight-valve heads. The 3" main journals limit rpms to about 6500 max unless you do other things. I suggest aftermarkek 4-bolt main caps & aluminum heads (or Cleveland heads) on any W clone. Good luck-