[DeTomaso] Group 4 "CANDY" car stolen

Matt nwpantera at gmail.com
Mon May 8 17:48:20 EDT 2017

Sad news Patrick.
I despise thieves. I've had a vehicle stolen before (1978 Blazer)  and it
just makes you sick inside. In fact my Pantera was stolen before my
ownership began in 1999.
The story goes it was taken from the Lincoln dealership and the hooligans
promptly blew the motor and broke the drivelines in the ensuing joy ride
before it was recovered.
The dealer replaced the engine and drivelines but it still shows signs of
the drivelines disengaging at high rpm's.
Hopefully Candy is recovered soon undamaged and the culprits caught.
Just a suggestion but if the local Policia don't bother to check, maybe
there was a surveillance camera  somewhere close by or on the route they
might have taken which could be helpful. There seems to be cameras
everywhere nowadays. It's worth a shot maybe?
You probably have a 30 day wait before any insurance payoff so why not be
proactive? And it would be sweet to bust the scoundrels as well as finding
the car.
Hang in there and best wishes Patrick,

Matt
3584