[DeTomaso] Fact of Fiction / Gold Pantera ?

Tony Blevins fun_tonyb at hotmail.com
Sun May 7 08:16:58 EDT 2017

So yesterday I was at a Porsche club event in Everglades City FL enjoying sun, stone crabs, and beer. Along with that obviously comes the requisite amount of car-related B.S.  A gent told me a Pantera story that I promised to try and confirm.   This guy has many nice vintage cars as yesterday he was driving an immaculate Speedster and I've also been at events where he brought his Ferrari Daytona or Aston Martin DB4.   Anyway, he claims he was driving a Dino back in the mid-70s but traded it for a Pantera and declared in hindsight that it was the worst trade he's every made (based solely on present day values)

Whats interesting is that the claims the Pantera was a Gold Pushbutton and was the only Pantera shown at the NY City Motor Show (which I assume would have been 70 or 71 ?).  He's curious if anyone in the Pantera club knows what might have happened to it as he wants it back.    I'm curious about the veracity of this tale as I've never heard of such a thing before ?

Cheers,

Tony