[DeTomaso] de Tomaso, new-jerseys-horse-racing-queen-was-also-pioneer-behind-the-wheel/

Jeff Cobb jeffcobb1 at me.com
Fri May 5 17:15:54 EDT 2017

Hey Chris,

    Thanks, that is a cool article.
That is the widow of Alejandro DeTomaso and she was from the New Jersey area.
She was a racer and was married to an extremely talented man who did all the major car moments of life that most
of us only wish we could do.
He did it all!
    My friend Tom Tjaarda, who brother Matt meet in Baton Rouge, worked for the DeTomasos for about 22 + - years,
designing all or most of every deTomaso after Tom created the Pantera in 1970.
    Tom did not design my Mangusta but that car was deTomaso's second car and his first real production car.
Ex-wife Lucila and I met her at Concorso Italiano about 10 or so years back.
My 71 Maserati Bora was made when they owned the company.

I hope her horse wins. Will you be there?
I hope to see you soon.
I assumed it would be ok that I sent this out to the deTomaso car guys.
Below photo was sent to me a few days ago from a new Mangusta friend in Canada.
It is us in the 2016 Amelia Island cruise being chased by a Cobra. No way I was going to let him pass me.

Jeff

Jeff Cobb
Cell 225-907-4514

Jeff Cobb Auto Works

[...]