[DeTomaso] Speed Demon 750 anyone?

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Thu May 4 07:22:34 EDT 2017

I¹ve had maybe 10 different Holley carburetors in my ³career².

Most of them ran great when brand new, but some ran greater than others.

My last favorite carburetor was home built using a Proform main body,
dominator bowls, and Quick Fuel Technology metering blocks and throttle
plate.  It was noticeably better than anything I had previously run.  It
was more responsive, made better power, etc.  I finally decided to switch
to Webers because the home built carburetor was too boring.  It always did
exactly what I wanted it to do.  I like to fiddle with things, and it
didn¹t need any fiddling.

That was before the Holley HP series, which is basically the same thing as
what I built, except that it¹s done by people that know more than I do
about carbs.  None of the HP carburetors have chokes.  They all have
contoured main bodies, changeable air bleeds, down leg boosters, etc.
I¹ve seen 2 with vacuum secondaries.  I have not bought one, but I
recognize all of the parts.

The next step up is to use someone like Chuck Nuytten, who apparently
knows how to build carburetors.

And always tune the carb on the engine.  Nobody can nail it without
running the carb on the engine.

On 5/4/17, 5:39 AM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Charles McCall"
<detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of