[DeTomaso] Speed Demon 750 anyone?

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Thu May 4 05:39:17 EDT 2017

I selected Chuck Nuytten (he's still around and easy found with Google)
because of an experience reported by Chuck Engles. He can correct me if my
memory has failed.

He sent his carb to this outfit, who configured it according to their
procedure. Chuck then mounted it on his engine and spend a couple of days
dyno testing, adjusting the carb to see how close it was to optimal. I
think that after 2 days he managed to squeeze a whole 1hp and 2ft/lb more
out the engine by fine tuning. That means that Nuytten's configuration was
close enough for me!

-------------- next part --------------
   I selected Chuck Nuytten (he's still around and easy found with Google)
   because of an experience reported by Chuck Engles. He can correct me if
   my memory has failed.A

     [5]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:
     > Dan Jones recommends Competition Carbs out of Nevada. That's what
     > have on my motor and its been great. No 'off the shelf'
     buying--you
     > send him a full spec sheet on your engine and exhaust and be
     builds a carb to suit it.

     > Not overly expensive either.
     >
     > Mike
     >
     > Sent from my iPhone
     >
     > On May 3, 2017, at 14:34, Corey Price <[6]coreyjprice at gmail.com>
     wrote:

     > >A  A Henrik,
     > >A  A The Demon carbs aren't known for their reliability.AA  I
     would recommend
     > >A  A an Holley Street Demon 625 or 750 or a Holley-type
     carburetor that a
     > >A  A tuner has worked on (such as a Quickfuel); many of the
     Pantera vendors
     > >A  A can help with a "tuner" carburetor.
     > >A  A Corey
     > >
     > >A  A On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 3:10 PM, Henrik Svensson
     > >A  A <[1][7]henrik.svensson at intelligo.se> wrote:
     > >
     > >A  A  A Hi Charles,
     > >A  A  A No, I guess that is more of an excuse to by something new
     to the
     > >A  A  A car. I'm a bit curious of what a new carb can do to my
     engine. But
     > >A  A  A if someone tells me an Edelbrock 1411 is a good carb for
     my engine
     > >A  A  A spec I guess I can live without the choke even if it
     makes life in
     > >A  A  A Sweden a bit easier :)
     > >A  A  A /Henrik
     > >A  A  A Sent from my iPhone
     > >
     > >A  A 3 maj 2017 kl. 20:51 skrev Charles McCall
     > ><[2][8]charlesmccall at gmail.com
     > >:
     > >A  A The only reason you want to buy a new carb is because the
     choke stopped
     > >A  A working?
     > >A  A I had mine milled off 15 years ago and haven't missed it
     since. I don't
     > >A  A have
     > >A  A any cold starting problems, and the engine warms up pretty
     quickly.
     > >A  A Granted,
     > >A  A you live in Sweden and I live in Spain, where the
     temperature is a
     > >A  A little
     > >A  A different, but even in cool weather I don't really miss a
     choke. Are
     > >A  A you
     > >A  A sure it is necessary?
     > >A  A -----Original Message-----
     > >A  A From: DeTomaso [mailto:[3][9]detomaso-bounces@
     server.detomasolist.com] On
     > >A  A Behalf
     > >A  A Of Henrik Svensson
     > >A  A Sent: miA(c)rcoles, 3 de mayo de 2017 16:49
     > >A  A To: [4][10]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     > >A  A Subject: [DeTomaso] Speed Demon 750 anyone?
     > >A  A Hi all,
     > >A  A I have a Edelbrock 750 (1411) on my car. It was placed there
     2005 by
     > >A  A the
     > >A  A previous owner. Since then I have done a rebuild and it's
     now a 393
     > >A  A with AFD
     > >A  A 4v 64cc heads and a cam with intake duration of 239 and
     exhaust of 248
     > >A  A (0.050).
     > >A  A The Edelbrock have been working fine, not that I have much
     to compare
     > >A  A with,
     > >A  A but now the choke stopped working and I think I'll buy a new
     one
     > >A  A instead of
     > >A  A fixing the old one. I have been looking at the
     > >A  A SPEED DEMON 1402020VE 750 CFM, anyone with experience of
     that carb?
     > >A  A Or any other opinions about what carb to put on an engine
     with these
     > >A  A specs?
     > >A  A Thanks!
     > >A  A Henrik
     > >A  A #1477
     > >A  A Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
     > >A  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
     > >A  A DeTomaso mailing list
     > >A  A [5][11]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     > >A  A [6][12]http://server.detomasolist.
     com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso