[DeTomaso] 73 Pantera Seat Upholstery

Scott Bell scott at saccrestorations.net
Wed May 3 15:18:14 EDT 2017

Actually, SACC Restorations sells upholstery that is almost identical to the
original in material and installation. They do NOT install over the original
upholstery. They must be installed just like any other upholstery by a
qualified professional. HOWEVER, we have indeed added zippers to the seat
backs to make installation easier for the do-it-yourselfers. The zipper on
the seat back is not visible once installed.

The original 71 and early 72 seat backs are sewn closed from the factory. At
the seams were you would have to sew the seam, we installed zippers, again,
for the do-it-yourselfers.

The only difference in material is on the 72-74 comfort-weave material on
the horizontal pleats. We have used a patterned that is ALMOST identical to
the original with the exception that the pattern is a slightly tighter
pattern that the original. Most people cannot spot the difference. We have
even had some customers do a single seat next to an original seat without
looking unmatched. I could see it but most people cannot. Mike will be able
to. ;-)

Our reproduction Material is excellent in every way. In fact, we are the
only vender that has actual MOLDED seat foam for the 72-74 seats. The foam
is also excellent quality. This is not glued together pieces of foam that is
then shaped. We have produced a mold that makes factory original seat foam.

Scott