[DeTomaso] simple 17" tire question?

Cullen McCann cmccann1972 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 20:03:56 EDT 2017

Thank you Julian. I understand​. Good info.

Cullen.

On Mar 24, 2017 9:49 AM, "Julian Kift" <julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Cullen,
>

> The Group 4 and 5 wheels have wider width (13" rear, 10" front) and are
> offset to push the wheel farther out. Section width of a 335/35-17 tire is
> 13.4" so they fit well on a 13" rim, albeit can be used on 11-13" rims.
> Many have reported a 315 tire is a better handling setup on a narrow body
> car with 11" wide wheels.
>

> When you get to the Si, the offsets are reduced and the extra width taken
> up by longer a-arms, which provides for better handling with less tendency
> for tramlining on the front.
>

> Julian
> ------------------------------

-------------- next part --------------
   Thank you Julian. I understanda. Good info.
   Cullen.A

   On Mar 24, 2017 9:49 AM, "Julian Kift" <[1]julian_kift at hotmail.com>
   wrote:

   Cullen,

   The Group 4 and 5 wheels have wider width (13" rear, 10" front) and are
   offset to push the wheel farther out. Section width of a 335/35-17 tire
   is 13.4" so they fit well on a 13" rim,A albeit can be used on 11-13"
   rims. Many have reported a 315 tire is a better handling setup on a
   narrow body car with 11" wide wheels.

   When you get to the Si, the offsets are reduced and theA extra width