[DeTomaso] Techno question: L Pantera lower engine right angle cooling hose

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Mar 19 17:10:33 EDT 2017

Julian,

Ack, no. That's the water pump inlet hose. He is talking about the 90 degree (almost) hose that connects the outlet pipe from the bottom of the pressure tank to the right-side under-car pipe.

The flaw in the water pump inlet hose is that it can rub on the shift linkage which wears a hole in it. Replacing a fat hose with a skinny pipe solves that problem. L-model and later cars came from the factory that way.

Mike

Sent from my iPad