[DeTomaso] Techno question: L Pantera lower engine right angle cooling hose

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Mar 19 16:22:13 EDT 2017

Dear Mike, Chuck and Bud,

                 See below:

Chuck,

All the hoses are the same size, except for the one that connects to the
water pump which is larger at the water pump end.
$$$$$$   Right.   All are 1 3/8"----except the water pump piece which is 1
3/4" diameter.

Significantly, the vendor water hose and pipe kits do away with that
two-diameter hose, replacing it with a two-diameter metal pipe, joined to
the system with two short lengths of straight hose. (This was the stock
arrangement on the L model and later cars).
$$$$$$$   Right, that is the arrangement on the L models and that isn't the
hose in question.  It is the other one on the right side of the engine that
is a formed 90 degree bend 1 3/8" hose.

Similarly, the oddly shaped hose you are referring to is replaced with a
simple 90-degree bent pipe and two short lengths of straight hose.
$$$$$$    Hmmm.   I think that I will fall back on PPC and order another
one.  They've worked well for me for decades.    I am amazed that a big NAPA
store with warehouse attached did not have one...or even on that could be
adapted or shortened to work.   Sigh.

                  Thanks all.

                                      Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles

Mike