[DeTomaso] Techno question: L Pantera lower engine right angle cooling hose

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Mar 19 15:49:39 EDT 2017

Dear Forum,

                        I am starting an engine  install and I was gathering
new coolant hose at NAPA.   I thought that the lower engine ninety degree
coolant hose would be easy to find there.   I presumed that it was 1 3/8".

                        I was disappointed because NAPA did not have any
hoses that would begin to fit the bill.   The counter expert also told  me
that the hose is an odd size.

                        In my opinion the "odd size" was due to being ever
so slightly askew in the normal Pantera engine coolant hose position and the
rubber deformed over fifteen years.

                        The Dumb Techno Question: the hose in question is a
1 3/8" hose----right?

                                                         Warmest regards,
Chuck Engles