[DeTomaso] Non binding vote

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 18 11:26:01 EDT 2017

Here's my 2 cents;

While you have the opportunity remove the other mods and not go half way at it. Getting it looking reasonably stock as a capable upgraded driver is the way to maximize your return, as anything else has to hit on personal taste of a potential buyer. Lots of photos during the restoration/bodywork to show prospective buyers the extent that you have gone to to remove rust etc. will help.

We don't know what you have in the car or where you'd like to be, but I'm betting if you approached it from a pure return on investment calculation, spending the extra dollars to get it looking stock will give you the highest ROI and easiest sell.

You have not mentioned what color you will paint it? You have that wide open (albeit a little more work to expose the pillars etc.) and you could even explore advertising it as color of choice and which allows prospective buyers to thoroughly inspect the bodywork prior to paint? That's an area I'd take more input on, I'm in two minds whether a finished car would sell better, but color choice should definitely be on the agenda for discussion. is the original color white?

Why are you replacing the steel hood with a fiberglass one, that's just more expense? If the steel one is usable I'd stay with it, just paint the hood vents black. On that note I personally hate cars where everything is color coded one color, I'd put all the trim back to stock (or stain black to match the door/window trim) i.e. side marker bezels, bumpers, signal housings and give it some contrast again.

I'd lose the mirrors and go with something more traditional like a  Californian or Dodge Omni. If the budget ran to it I'd get some Campi wheels too, 7's and 8's can still be had for reasonable coin.

That's probably more like 10 cents, but you get the gist.

Julian