[DeTomaso] Can door and trunk locks be re-keyed, anyone successful with the ignition without removing the lock from the housing??

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 12 21:44:01 EDT 2017

I took one apart after the key broke off in the lock, not too difficult, putting it back together is a little tougher!

Have you lost your ignition key? The ignition is a different style key to the door and trunk, the latter can all be re-keyed to a common key fairly easily. Unless you have a source for 3 complete tumblers keyed the same I'd take it to an old school locksmith, they will have a selection of pins. The two door locks will already be the same so he can likely make a key to fit and then re-key the trunk lock to match.

Same with the ignition, locksmiths have ways to feel the pins and make a key without drilling the whole lock apart.

Julian