[DeTomaso] Rusty Pantera

jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Sun Mar 12 07:52:42 EDT 2017

HI David

While I am confident someone has rear patch panels, I suspect, or would hope, they are unnecessary.  They are relatively simple  to fabricate relative to the other structural repair that your bodyman has in front of him.  Who do you have doing the work?  How did you come to choose the shop?

While a significant financial commitment is in front of you, there will be tremendous solace knowing you have a perfect car when done correctly.  Please share lots of pics of the metal work in progress.

JT
---- goodwinpantera at comcast.net wrote:

Hi all, I decided to have the rust taken care of once and for all. The body shop gutted the Pantera all in three days. I had already removed the engine and transmission with the help of Northwest Pantera's a chapter of POCA. The media blasting revealed the ugly truth. Rocker panels, floor pans, door jambs, and quarter panels will need some attention to say the least. New radiator cross member and front valance. Dropped floor pans and new rocker panels are planned The door jambs along with door skins will get replaced. The fire wall and channel for the front wind shield will be fabricated. Does anyone make patch panels for the rear quarters? I don't think new fenders will be needed but may need to be patched.

Cheers, David Goodwin