[DeTomaso] Qvale Mangusta Prototype ???

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 13:58:43 EST 2017

There is an advert on Car & Classic for a 2001 Qvale Mangusta (Italy)

(pointing to www.maranellopurosangue.com <http://www.maranellopurosangue.com/>  )

That states or implies (in Italian) the car is the prototype.  Could someone translate nuances that google fails?

I've added it to the registry as an unknown:

http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/Unknown1269/Unknown1269.asp

But the registry already contains car M000001, which one might presume is the prototype / first car.

And these two sources are not showing the same car.

If you care to compare the differences.

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RM000001/RM000001.asp

The registry car is more a 'bronze' red color (like the brochure) while the advert car is "red" and with a different color interior.

Thoughts anyone ?

Bueller ?

Chuck

The De Tomaso Registry Guy