[DeTomaso] Hard Start Issue - The Final Solution

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Mar 5 16:05:22 EST 2017

Dear Steve and Mike,

                  I, too, had the same problem a few years ago.  When I
finally was shown what the problem was, it amazed me.   I didn't see rust,
but some form of peculiar oxidation and/or corrosion of the non-iron parts
inside the distributor that prevented the mechanical advance from working
properly.  There was so much schmutz that I pulled the whole thing and had
a pro clean it properly.

                                             Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles