[DeTomaso] Speedo conversion from miles to kilometers

The Goyaniuks andriykoisg at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 3 15:57:08 EST 2017

I purchased a KPH speedo from Hall to replace my MPH speedo.
As an added benefit my "mileage" went down by about 30,000 to 0.  I just got a new car !
Julian summarized the challenges associated with having the speedo read correctly as there are a number of drive, speedo and tire size issues that have to be dealt with.Our 71-74 cars drive with tires sized somewhat different than the originals.To correct the speedo error, I installed an inline speedo gear drive.To get the right ratio, I drove 100 kilometers and looked at the odometer reading for that distance.Then taking 100 and dividing it by the odometer gave me the gear ratio I needed for a kilometer reading.
HTH
Bohdan