[DeTomaso] Difference between a 302 and a Windsor engine ( if any ? )

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 14:32:13 EST 2017

> Can someone explain to me the differences ( if any ) between a 302 engine
and a Windsor engine

The Windsor family of engines (originally referred to as the Fairlane V8
family) and included 221, 260, 255, 289, 302 and 351 cubic inch
displacements.  All but the latter shared the same 8.2" deck height.  The
9.5" deck height 351 cubic inch version is usually denoted 351W to
differentiate it from 3 other Ford V8s with the same bore and stroke and
thus displacement (351C, 351M and 352 FE).

> or is a 302 automatically a Windsor and reciprocally ?

Ford made 302s in both the Windsor and Cleveland family, along with the
Boss 302 which was essentially Cleveland heads on a 302 Windsor 8.2" deck
height block.  The 302 is also often referred to as the 5.0L.

Dan Jones