[DeTomaso] Ebay Pantera 5112

marshall smith marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 21 16:03:05 EDT 2017

Anyone have a feeling Tom Tjaarda might have seen this monstrosity a few weeks ago??

RIP Tom

 Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Ebay Pantera 5112
 To: detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
 Date: Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 12:53 PM

    You'd think we'd seen
 it all by now....

 wouldn't put that on my website either if I were PIM.

    Saw this car during it's
 "transformation" and thought the Shelby tail
    lights were a bit out there but still kinda
 fun.  They fired it up for
    me and it
 made one hell of a wicked growl that I don't think
 anyone
    here would dislike.

    The "Tijuana Lambo" front end and
 side scoops were not yet there so

 it's pretty shocking to see all that.  They worked long
 and hard on
    that car and someone
 obviously spent a ton of money on this bold, yet
    ultimately tragic experiment in
 "self-taught car design".

 "Best of luck recouping anything near your investment
 into this
    comic-strip, kid-toy
 car."

    But hey, maybe a South
 American drug lord will pop out of nowhere and
    snap it up?  Or perhaps Richard
 Rawlings?
    Sent using Hushmail
    On June 21, 2017 at 8:11 AM, "Jeff
 Detrich" <jjdetrich at gmail.com>
    wrote:

    Poor Tom T, he's probably looking down and shaking
 his head in
      disgust.
      Jeff
      6559
      On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 11:44 PM, Matt
 <nwpantera at gmail.com>
 wrote:
      > Slow on the forum. Ran
 across this while casually searching for

    the
      > mystery Ebay 351C engine
 posted earlier without a link.

 Some may be more familiar with the car than I but it's
 the first
      time

 > I've seen it.
      > It's
 up for grabs from PI motorsports though it's not listed
 on
      their

 website,which it seems hasn't been updated for some
 time.
      > Anyway it's highly
 modified (think Transformers) which isn't my
      cup of
      > tea
 but it looks well done and very clean with many
 entertaining
      mods.

    > Now the thing is it's listed in the Provamo
 registry(thanks Bill)
      with
      > some history and pics.
      > Log in and check it out.
      > [1][1]https://tinyurl.com/ycgmkh26
      > It was an absolute jewel! But
 apparently it wasn't good enough for

    > someone.
      > And now a
 thousand miles later it been modernized with a hefty
      price
      > tag to
 boot. One less very nice original example on the planet.
      > I just find it odd that someone
 would make an exceptional original

 car
      > into this and then just sell
 it. Mind boggled.
      > Can anyone
 make sense of it?A
      > Bueller?
      > [2][2]https://tinyurl.com/yb4ugl85
      > Matt
      >
      > References

      > 1. [3]https://tinyurl.com/ycgmkh26
      > 2. [4]https://tinyurl.com/yb4ugl85

      > DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com

 manage your subscription (change email address,
 unsubscribe,
      etc.) use
      > the links above.

      > Members who post to
 this list grant license to the list to forward
      any
      > message
 posted here to all past, current, or future members of
 the
      list.

 They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
 archive
      or approve

    > the archiving of list messages.

 References