[DeTomaso] Ebay Pantera 5112

Matt nwpantera at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 00:44:42 EDT 2017

Slow on the forum. Ran across this while casually searching for the mystery
Ebay 351C engine posted earlier without a link.
Some may be more familiar with the car than I but it's the first time I've
seen it.
It's up for grabs from PI motorsports though it's not listed on their
website,which it seems hasn't been updated for some time.
Anyway it's highly modified (think Transformers) which isn't my cup of tea
but it looks well done and very clean with many entertaining mods.
Now the thing is it's listed in the Provamo registry(thanks Bill) with some
history and pics.
Log in and check it out.
*https://tinyurl.com/ycgmkh26 <https://tinyurl.com/ycgmkh26>*
It was an absolute jewel! But apparently it wasn't good enough for someone.
And now a thousand miles later it been modernized with a hefty price tag to
boot. One less very nice original example on the planet.
I just find it odd that someone would make an exceptional original car into
this and then just sell it. Mind boggled.
Can anyone make sense of it?
Bueller?
*https://tinyurl.com/yb4ugl85 <https://tinyurl.com/yb4ugl85>*

Matt