[DeTomaso] Wipers Delete

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jun 18 21:11:11 EDT 2017

DJ,

That's a (stupid in my opinion) modification made by a previous owner. Hall Pantera sells the replacement grills with no holes for the wipers. One would hope all the original parts would have come with the car when you bought it, but frequently that's not the case.

No wipers? Perhaps okay for somebody in Southern California who will never see a raindrop (and hopes to never see a cop) but ridiculous for the other 99% of Pantera owners.

Unfortunately, the stock grilles with the holes for the wipers are getting rare, not to mention obscenely expensive. If you want to restore your car to have proper wipers, all the other pieces and parts (except the wiper arms) are readily available, and a good machine shop can craft holes in your grilles and nobody will be the wiser.

Good luck!

Mike (just got Lori's wiper system working properly again last weekend, thanks to a visiting French Pantera owner with far more electrical savvy than I have...)

Sent from my iPad