[DeTomaso] Couple Of Q's

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 13 13:38:33 EDT 2017

Answer to the question no one's answered yet...

1. The gas tank pickup has a sock at the end of the tube. What does everyone replace this sock with?
Nothing!  Remove it altogether, and use a good fuel filter.  I plumbed my fuel line from the bottom of the tank and added a McRobb Fuel Filter (http://www.robbmcperformance.com/products/filters.html).
2. Battery. What AGM/GEL battery does everyone recommend?

Others have recommendations on this one.  I just use an Odyssey battery from Costco.  Works great!