[DeTomaso] Panthers caught in a hailstorm....

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jun 12 17:30:09 EDT 2017

AJ,

To be clear, it's not the act of 'laying hands' that does it. I don't actively break Panteras by working on them. I can report 100% success in fixing the things I have tried to fix over the years.

Rather, Panteras spontaneously break in my presence. Mere proximity is all that is required for fuel pumps to suddenly stop pumping, windows to go down but no longer go up, and so forth.

I warned Jay Leno about this the day we shot the video together. If you notice, in the first part the windows are up, but later on they were down. Why?  A/C let go in a big way, venting all the freon overboard.

He then took me for a ride in his 1925 Doble steam car. That one left us stranded on the side of the road with a big water leak, which we managed to deal with because we happened to be near a fire station (they had lots of water). We limped it back to his garage, put it on a lift to investigate, and it promptly burst into flames, which went unnoticed initially because it was burning silently. I just happened to step back from underneath the car and see the flames through the louvers in the side of the hood, and calmly said, "Fire fire, no shit this car is on fire". (We then got the fire extinguished by blowing compressed air on it, a neat trick I guess you learn in your early days of steam car ownership...)

In any case THAT is the kind of thing we are talking about here...:)

Mike

Sent from my iPhone