[DeTomaso] Tom Tjaarda (from Douglas Blain)

Isobel Punt isobelpunt at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 7 04:48:46 EDT 2017

Yes, it was a shock - Tom Tjaarda always looked so young and so well, and clearly had all his marbles to the end.

I knew him, as I know my old pal Robert Cumberford did, right from the early days at Pininfarina, having been introduced by Pete Coltrin.

An article about Tom, based on my last conversation with him over dinner in Turin, appears in the current issue of The Automobile magazine, which I publish in London, complete with a great picture of him standing in front of his old studio in the now-derelict OSI building. You can have a copy emailed direct via the editor, Jonathan Rishton, jonathan.rishton at theautomobile.co.uk

Greetings to Bob C, by the way - haven't seen you for 20 + years!

Douglas Blain.

   Rishton, jonathan.rishton at theautomobile.co.uk