[DeTomaso] oiling main mods

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 21:28:21 EDT 2017

I think it helps, but also isn¹t needed for most of us.

I saw a compelling dyno test several years ago that tapped the oil
passages several places, and you could definitely see a drop in pressure.
The front-to-back line equalizes the pressure.  That¹s all.

It isn¹t robbing the front of the engine, because the pressure valve in
the oil pump bypasses any excess anyway.  With the oil-mod, you¹re just
bypassing a little less.

But, and there¹s always a butt.  Unless you¹re pushing your engine hard,
the part of the engine that is ³starved² without the mod, probably has
enough pressure anyway.

If you¹re pushing your engine hard (racing, not passing a Prius on the
highway), do it.  Mike Frasier broke a camshaft at one of the road races.
Was it because his camshaft was starved of oil and it seized?  I don¹t
recall the failure analysis.

But do a proper Pantera oil pan first, and then probably an accumulator,
and lastly the front-to-back line.

On 5/31/17, 12:45 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of bill gaino"
<detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of