[DeTomaso] Best screws and clip on nuts for the grill???

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 12:22:52 EDT 2017

There are a couple of what I assume are the original clip-on nuts still on the body, but after all these years, I can't be sure they are original.  Seems unlikely that the screws just engaged the body (but possible)?
McMaster has these in 8-32 that should just slide over the sheet metal:
https://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/123/3239/=17vq8gs

Seems like they would work with machine screws, the only issue I see is that the sheet metal screws would be self centering because of the point.
Ken