[DeTomaso] Some inexpensive C302? Heads

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 14:43:38 EDT 2017

Look at the bottom of the intake ports.  The casting straight on the bottom
edge.  Many of the Yates intake manifolds do not have a valley cover.  The
heads are straight along the bottom for a flat valley cover.  C3/C302/C302B
high ports are not straight along the bottom edge.  Also note how the
rocker stand pads are flat and span the head bolt holes.  High ports pads
are separated by the bolt hole and follow the valve angle cant.  Also, you
can see the fore-and-aft port shift if you look at the distance from the
center pair of intake bolt holes compared to the intake port edges.  High
ports are symmetric there.  It's blurry but the casting date appears to be
2/95 which corresponds to Yates heads.

You might ask the seller to send a close up of where it shows the C302.

Dan Jones

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Ken Green <kenn_green at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dan,
>
>     I thought the chambers looked like later C3 heads and asked the
> seller, and he responded that the casting said C302?  The description says
> the chamber were reshaped.  I assume if you can tell that the intake ports
> are shifted, the seller is miss-representing them?
>
> Ken
>

> ------------------------------

-------------- next part --------------
   Look at the bottom of the intake ports.A  The casting straight on the
   bottom edge.A  Many of the Yates intake manifolds do not have a valley
   cover.A  The heads are straight along the bottom for a flat valley
   cover.A  C3/C302/C302B high ports are not straight along the bottom
   edge.A  Also note how the rocker stand pads are flat and span the head
   bolt holes.A  High ports pads are separated by the bolt hole and follow
   the valve angle cant.A  Also, you can see the fore-and-aft port shift
   if you look at the distance from the center pair of intake bolt holes
   compared to the intake port edges.A  High ports are symmetric there.A

   On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Ken Green <[1]kenn_green at yahoo.com>