[DeTomaso] Rub 'n Buff users???

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Mon Jul 24 15:04:03 EDT 2017

No go there Doug, but I went back and found that methylene chloride is a
chemical stripper for powdercoat.
(I thought you could only melt it or abrade it)
Now methylyne chloride is some bad sheeit.
As well as powder-coat it will chew up people very nicely, so you need
protective gear and you need to oven-bake off the residue or it will
chew up the aluminum. I believe you must be able to neutralize it with a
weak acid like vinegar, but nobody mentioned that.
Anyway I can't go near that stuff until I pull the ZF so I'll do the
rubnbuff test.

If anybody wants to try it, Benco-B17 and Jasco Paint&Epoxy stripper are
easy to buy.
(time passes)
Now I see that Miles Remove 9000/9001/9002 claims to be safe,
non-agressive and cleans with water.
They sell it for 50 bucks a gallon online so I'll try that when I pull it.

Dave