[DeTomaso] Urgent brake booster replacement

Bjoern Flesland bflesland at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 19:36:40 EDT 2017

Hi all,
Trying to help a friend with some parts for his DeTomaso:
Anyone here that know where to obtain a repair kit for the brake booster?
Or perhaps a new brake booster?
It has 4 bolts and is for a 1980 GT5.

What's the part number for the Ducato booster mentioned previously?

Cheers Bjoern

søn. 16. apr. 2017 kl. 02.03 skrev Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. <

-------------- next part --------------
   Hi all,
   Trying to help a friend with some parts for his DeTomaso:
   Anyone here that know where to obtain a repair kit for the brake
   booster?A
   Or perhaps a new brake booster?
   It has 4 bolts and is for a 1980 GT5.A
   What's the part number for the Ducato booster mentioned previously?
   Cheers Bjoern

   sA,n. 16. apr. 2017 kl. 02.03 skrev Joseph F. Byrd, Jr.
     Only one I found for sale and he is out of stock
     [2]http://www.fiatalfadealerparts.co.uk/fiat-uno-brake-servo-fiat-br
     ake-servo-f
     iat-uno.html
     >A  A Yes, the bigger DT Booster has four bolts. The source is a
     Fiat Ducato
     >A  A light truck. If you label a Fiat part with a Ferrari Logo, it
     tripples
     >A  A the price....
     >A  A Roland
     >
     > Mike
     > I had ideas about using a 308 Ferrari booster myself a while back,
     but
     > when I looked at my friend's 308, it was a 4-stud model that
     looked
     > otherwise the same as our Pantera ones.
     >
     > So...I bought a new booster, sold to me as a Pantera one. It came
     and
     > it also had 4 mounting studs in a square pattern but was brand
     new. It
     > is also slightly larger in diameter, but you wouldn't notice that
     > visually unless they were side by side. Our Pantera master
     cylinder
     > fits perfectly. I didn't want to modify my existing pedal box
     casting,
     > so I bought a spare on ebay, did a little alum welding and
     machining
     > and installed it. I had to make a few small adjustments to the
     > surrounding sheet metal, but nothing noticeable. It works great.
     >
     > I was told it was actually a Grp 3 or 4 model. I now have doubts
     about
     that.
     > I've never seen the back of a GT5 booster (or Grp 3 Grp4).
     > Does anyone actually know if any Pantera or DeTomaso used this
     larger
     > 4-stud booster? Or is it a Ferrari one perhaps?
     > I think it may be a bit larger than the 308 model booster though.
     > Photos attached.
     >
     > Barry

     > Mike Drew MikeLDrew at [6]aol.com
     > Fri Apr 14 17:49:47 EDT 2017
     >
     > AJ
     >
     > The booster is Pantera-specific as far as I know. I worked on a
     car
     > recently that had what appeared to be a stock booster, but upon
     > examination I discovered it had four studs on the back instead of
     > three. A previous owner had butchered the car to install it by
     > drilling two new holes in the booster mounting bracket.
     >
     > I think you guys are on the trailer for the weekend....
     >
     > Mike
     >
     > Sent from my iPhone

     > jderyke at [7]aol.com jderyke at [8]aol.com
     > Fri Apr 14 18:03:47 EDT 2017
     >
     > I'm told the 308-series (308-GT4, 328, etc) Ferrari booster is a
     > bolt-on duplicate of ours. They come as a complete assembly and
     should
     > not be excessively high priced. Not sure if the F-car master
     cylinder
     > swaps onto Pantera brake lines, but if the OEM master cylinder is
     > good, it will bolt onto the new booster. Good luck, Asa Jay- J
     Deryke

     etc.) use
     the links above.

     any
     list.
     They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or
     approve
     the archiving of list messages.
     Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA Posted emails must not
     exceed 1.5
     etc.) use the links above.