[DeTomaso] Slow cranking when hot

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 13:55:51 EDT 2017

One more for the "start with the basics-basics" category.

Mine had been getting harder and harder to start when hot. Making a long
story short, then it got harder and harder to start when cold. At the last
safety inspection I had to get a push to start the engine :-(

Bought a new battery and it spins like mad, both hot and cold! Doh!

Conventional Wisdom also suggests running a heavy duty ground wire from the
starter, since this is a common weak area. Two suggestions from here...