[DeTomaso] Torque specs for the pressure plate / new pilot install

Doug doug351c at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 22:00:25 EST 2017

Mike,

Depends on exactly what flywheel and bolt size combo you have;

The stock bolts are 5/16-NC18 and the stock torque spec is 12-20 ft-lbs but
this only applies if you're using a Stock Clutch Pressure Plate and stock
cast iron Flywheel.

In contrast - for my Centerforce clutch's 3/8-NC16 bolts going into their
steel-faced aluminum flywheel the torque spec is 45 ft-lbs.

Doug Braun
Blue 73L #5505