[DeTomaso] Pilot

Paul Rimov rimovp at icloud.com
Fri Jan 27 22:59:33 EST 2017

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VCx5yyzetIA

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 27, 2017, at 6:25 PM, Mike Thomas <mbefthomas at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I think the ID of the cleaned up hole will be ~3/4", so I'd need a 13/16" or
> 7/8" tap.
>
> Talked to Dennis Quella.  The outer is aluminum, so for now, I'm going to
> try to drill it out.  Even a tap for non-hardened metal that's ~13/16" is
> $50-60 @ McMaster-Carr.  If it's aluminum, it should drill out fairly
> easily, then I can knock it out.  Fingers crossed.
>
> Wish me luck.

   [1]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VCx5yyzetIA
   Sent from my iPhone

   On Jan 27, 2017, at 6:25 PM, Mike Thomas <[2]mbefthomas at comcast.net>
   wrote:

   I think the ID of the cleaned up hole will be ~3/4", so I'd need a
   13/16" or
   7/8" tap.
   Talked to Dennis Quella.  The outer is aluminum, so for now, I'm going
   try to drill it out.  Even a tap for non-hardened metal that's ~13/16"
   is
   $50-60 @ McMaster-Carr.  If it's aluminum, it should drill out fairly
   easily, then I can knock it out.  Fingers crossed.
   Wish me luck.
   . . . and of course they make you buy in bulk . . .
   Steel balls, I don't know what size, but
   [11]https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-steel-balls/=1634ccb
   And for a hand pump, every one needs this kit
   [12]http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641796_200641796
   Joe
   Where would I get just the ball of a ball bearing?
   ...a hydraulic hand pump that would generate enough pressure.
   use the links above.