[DeTomaso] Alternator

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Fri Jan 27 09:39:29 EST 2017

I'm contemplating replacing my now fairly old 90A Bosch alternator with
a 130A Ford 3G unit, mostly to be able to use a sense wire from the
battery to make sure the battery will receive the proper charging voltage.

Anyone have experience with the offerings from DB Electrical? I know
many are happy with their permanent magnet starters, and I also have one
of these on a shelf (perhaps I should install that now instead of the
large and heavy stock starter?).

I'm looking at
https://www.dbelectrical.com/products/alternator-ford-f-series-truck-4-9l-94-95-96-7-5l-96-97.html,
asking them to install a V-belt pulley, would that work?

Cheers,
Thomas

Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:	   thomas at hax.se
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 32 31 18
              S - 754 40 Uppsala, Sweden  Mobile:   +46 76 209 8320