[DeTomaso] Cold air intake pickup locations

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Tue Jan 24 10:08:54 EST 2017

Collective,

I am considering a dual snorkel air cleaner with cold air ducts running
down either side of the firewall just forward of the engine.  The passenger
side could be routed more outbound than the driver side due to the fuel
tank.  I live in a hot region, so any non-heated air would be of benefit.

Questions:
1) Is the underneath of the car a low pressure area that would deter from
airflow?
2) Is there significant heat from the radiator and coolant tubes on the
driver side to negate any benefit?
3) Would the added drag of a longer duct significantly reduce air flow?

Thoughts?  Rationale?