[DeTomaso] Air Gap carb pad milled flat?

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sun Jan 22 16:24:03 EST 2017

All,

After a lot of research it now appears that an Edelbrock air gap #7564 and a short height air cleaner/plenum will fit underneath an early screen providing....

The carb pad is milled flat.

Machinist and fellow owner Marlin Jack, after measuring the one he has on hand, assures me there is enough material to allow the pad to be milled flat.

And, as this will result in an Air Gap that essentially duplicates the height of a flat blue thunder intake, I think an Air Gap + a short air cleaner can fit under an early flat screen.

Question to the family –

Should I worry about any performance degradation if a carb pad flattening is done to an air gap?

Does anyone know if there are any internal differences between the flat versus the angled blue thunder intakes, or did they just take the standard model and mill a flat pad for our Pantera's?

Your wisdom is solicited.

Thanks,

Larry