[DeTomaso] NAPA thermostat gotcha

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 20 09:50:58 EST 2017

Tim Meyer is tooling up for Thermostat reproduction of Robert Shaw style t-stats in the full range of temperatures;

Update on the Track Boss 351C/M & 400 thermostats...
We have changed our direction a little.
Originally we were talking with Dayco in Australia about the thermostats. they could offer us the 180 degree stat, but we would have to have the 160 &195 made. The thermostat is made in China, but they said they have had great luck with it.

But they were kind enough to suggest a company in the US as an option. We did visit with that company and made a deal. So we will be having all our Cleveland special thermostats made in the US. They will be available in 160, 180 & 195 temp range. Being made in the US did cost us $3 more (no big deal) so the game plan is $32 for the proper thermostats, $20 for the water by-pass restrictor (351C only), or $45 for the pair.
Stat are due in about 2 months.(posted Jan 10th)
By-pass currently available now.
We are excited to stay with our %100 American made product!!

http://www.tmeyerinc.com/product-p/tbp-twr.htm

As a result I believe Marlin Jack is getting out of the T-stat and by-pass restrictor  business, having put all the tooling up for sale on the PI forum.

Julian