[DeTomaso] NAPA thermostat gotcha

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 11:45:42 EST 2017

Hi guys,

Back in town and parts-chasing for eurodudes once more, I went to the NAPA auto parts store to get a 351C thermostat. The parts counter lady looked it up on her computer and cheerfully handed over a Windsor thermostat.

'Nope' I said. 'But the computer says its the right one' she says.

Same old story.

I then had her look up a thermostat for a 1972 Mustang with a 351C.

'Huh. It's a different part number?'

Go figure.

She went and got it, and sure enough, it was the right one. Here is a photo of them side by side with the Cleveland on the right.