[DeTomaso] GT5 and GT5-S Conversion Values?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 11 16:34:24 EST 2017

I would like to hear other opinions, but I'd say no premium on a GT5 conversion, there seems to be a number for sale at any given time with it being a much more popular and easy conversion. I might even go as far as to say it would detract from what the car would have fetched if it were a good clean stock example.

I think a GT5-S all steel conversion is a different matter being rarer and more costly to reproduce. It would perhaps attract buyers who want a GT5-S to drive without the price tag that sees many of them sit in garages or collections not to see the light of day. That said the aftermarket steel fender kits are nothing like the quality of originals and often mismatched on one corner, so it has to be a very well executed conversion.

If someone REALLY wants to do a proper 5S conversion I have a set of 4 factory GT5-S fenders locked up safely; like I said you have to REALLY want to do it or have an accident damaged real 5S......

Julian

Anyone have a good thumb on the premium (if any) a GT5 or GT5-S conversion
might bring on a good to excellent Ford-era Pantera, with good to excellent
workmanship?  Just asking on behalf of someone.

Corey