[DeTomaso] Longchamp spyder questions....

Björn Carlsson bjocar01 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 02:42:19 EST 2017

Hi Patrick,

Converting to left hand is "doable". I can take some pictures of the
firewall since the engine is still out.
My GTS will soon ship for assembly. The company just worked on another
Longchamp and my instrument panel was used as a mold since it was missing
for them. That means another left hand instrument panel should be easy to
do. The owner has worked on many a Panteras too over the years and has one
himself.

There are many small changes to the 3000 serie compared to 2000. The engine
is moved further back, different heating/ventilation, ZF steering rack,
more modern interior, often an Aussie Cleveland etc. If possible, I would
aim for a 3000 car. The original 5-speed ZF is rare but there are better
alternatives if a manual is desired. Many parts comes from Pantera (front
suspension etc), others have been rather easy to find from the general
parts bin.
The authorities on Longchamp in Europe are Roland Jaeckel and Roger Brottom.

/Björn, Pushbutton # 1014 and Longchamp GTS # 3253

PS A Longchamp pulling a trailer with a Pantera race car would be nice
view!  ;-)

[image: Infogad bild 2]

--
Björn Carlsson