[DeTomaso] Fwd: Mangusta in Johannesburg

Jeff Cobb jeffcobb1 at me.com
Fri Jan 6 08:03:08 EST 2017

Well said Bill, that is sometimes the way I feel when I drive the Mangusta or
Espada through a small Cajun town in Louisiana.
The faces, questions and cellphone photos are over the top.
I should aim my GoPro to the viewers facial expression instead of the frontal view of the roads.

I am NYC now, just had my last surgery done, last night one of my brothers who works here came by and spent the night instead of taking the train back to New Jersey.
We talked for hours and he brought up a 1985 memory of us as 12 yr and 28 yr old  brothers taking my Lamborghini 400 GT to the local drag strip for “Race what you brought or stoled night”.

We pulled on to the dusty road about 7:00pm and pulled up to the poorly lit shack to pay Jethro and Boudreaux the entrance fees.
Elly Mae was not there, I think she was out back by the concrete pond with granny cooking opposum.
I got out the sexy car with the 4.0 liter V12 idling and all could hear the snapping cool down noises since we had just 7,000 rpm blitzed the interstate.
I would feed her VP 110 leaded race gas only.

Goober or Jethro came out and walked around this beautiful alien device and just stood there with a wet lower lip, a home alone look and shell shocked.
He was having a Cajun version of Area 51!!!!

In total amazement the in shack guy asked him,
 “Goober what kind of car or_____is that?’.
Goober responded as he used his flashlight to read the front emblem,
WELL LORDY BE, THATS ONE OF THEM THAR LAMB BEAUX GHINIS, SHASHAM!

That ended our conversations and Chris and I drove in and raced.
I did about 6 passes and a pass or two with Chris, what a joy for me and of course a 12 year old boy.

Years later the exotic Espada would do and still does the same thing to onlookers.
The Mangusta pulls a different crowd because of its stunning beauty, people are still shell shocked but just happily amazed and gracefully thankful at what they are lucky enough to see at that moment in their lives.

You just can’t make this stuff up.

One more story.

Two weeks ago actor/producer Ethan Hawke borrowed my Mangusta to be the lead car and two of my customers cars to be in his Louisiana filmed movie, BLAZE.

Ethan Hawke with Marc, my cars caregiver that day.
I could not go as I was getting ready to leave for the NYC surgery.
I have put it way too long but I wanted to have fun for the 50th year of the goose.
I did!
----------

The actors taking off in their kickass cars, a 1983 + - era movie.

Still not driving her much so was shipped the 44 miles for filming.

So will this be the second movie a Mangusta has ever been in?
The other I know of is KILL BILL.

Take care all,
Jeff Cobb
-------------------------------
On Jan 5, 2017, at 7:46 PM, Bill Lewis <lotus0005 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>   I wonder why no one has ever shipped a car to Antartica, fired it up,
>   did a couple of donuts, and said:  "I am the first!!"  People have done
>   worse things just to be cool!    ----So, somewhere in the world someone
>   is saying, "Holy Cow, hold my beer....!"       ---BILL Lewis
>     __________________________________________________________________

   [cid:82A23885-0EB7-4919-8ABD-0495DE2A4CB7]
   Ethan Hawke with Marc, my cars caregiver that day.
   I could not go as I was getting ready to leave for the NYC surgery.
   I have put it way too long but I wanted to have fun for the 50th year
   of the goose.
   I did!
   ----------

   [cid:1AC0FB7C-76E9-4EC5-A3EC-83C6CD46C676]

   [cid:0BDFA1EE-8762-4092-A2AA-B151BCA91E5C]

   [cid:E6DAFA2E-6963-46F5-B735-49C8B47574C7]
   The actors taking off in their kickass cars, a 1983 + - era movie.

   [cid:9C851E1C-CD75-4C4B-8F50-21C26A8E25BB]

   [cid:3CE4FC77-A353-4BD1-9448-1794B552B8A5]
   Still not driving her much so was shipped the 44 miles for filming.

   [cid:47EB518B-9378-4F39-A08E-2C34B6BC08B9]
   On Jan 5, 2017, at 7:46 PM, Bill Lewis <[1]lotus0005 at hotmail.com>
     I wonder why no one has ever shipped a car to Antartica, fired it up,

     did a couple of donuts, and said:  "I am the first!!"  People have
   done

     worse things just to be cool!    ----So, somewhere in the world
   someone

     is saying, "Holy Cow, hold my beer....!"       ---BILL Lewis

     Sweet. Thanks Mike!   The Mangusta.  So absolutely deadly. All those

     crazy James Bond toggle switches on the dash are just too cool.  What

     the hell are they for?  Who cares!   Gotta love the 8-track player

     too.  Hopefully the guy continues to resist the temptation to

     modernize that.

      Sent using Hushmail

     On January 5, 2017 at 8:51 AM, "Mike Drew via DeTomaso"  wrote:Guys,

     thenone and only South Efrican Mangusta....

     Mike

     Subject: FW: Mangusta in Jhb

     From a Pantera friend in Jo'berg...

     Subject: Mangusta in Jhb

     The only one in Africa, cruising the streets of Johannesburg.

     [1][6]https://youtu.be/yGeCHn4DpPM

     [2]De Tomaso Mangusta road tested

     [7]youtu.be