[DeTomaso] Building a Sleeper

Brent Stewart bjbstewart at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 16:53:44 EST 2017

Jealousy is an ugly emotion...

    On Thursday, January 5, 2017 1:27 PM, Mike Drew <MikeLDrew at aol.com> wrote:

 Scott,

Brent's motor has bling that can be seen from outer space and his intake setup is so tall you almost have to cut a hole in the roof to remove the air cleaner nut! :)

I have a 539 HP, 509 ft/lb 'sleeper' engine thanks to Dan Jones/Dave McLain with a conventional round air cleaner that neatly fits beneath the stock engine screen. There are several parts combos that will take you there without having to resort to any trickery. Intakes, heads and cams are much better now than they were 20 years ago.

Remember, too, you can't drive a dyno. 540 HP that is accessible whenever you want and is flexible and controllable is infinitely better than 600 hp that comes on like a light switch, and is ill-behaved and cantankerous to live with...

Sent from my iPhone

   <[2]julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:

   >>  You can make 500HP with a naturally aspirated 351C engine that
   looks
   >>  fairly stock, now that is the ultimate sleeper. It's just a matter
   of
   >>  selecting the right combination of parts, and you don't even really
   >>  need to stroke it, although I have a personal preponderance toward
   >>  393CI stroker.
   >>
   >>  Julian

   use the links above.

   1. mailto:detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
   2. mailto:julian_kift at hotmail.com
   3. mailto:detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com
   4. mailto:scott at scottmeadphotography.com
   5. mailto:detomaso at server.detomasolist.com
   6. mailto:scott at scottmeadphotography.com
   7. mailto:scott at scottmeadphotography.com
   8. http://www.scottmeadphotography.com/
   9. http://www.scottmeadphotography.com/
  10. mailto:image002.jpg at 01CAC10F.ED30F7C0.
  11. mailto:scott at scottmeadphotography.com
  14. mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
  16. mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com