[DeTomaso] Theoretical question of the day

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 11:51:52 EST 2017

Thanks all - consensus seems to be that more air will suck more fuel and
will make more power. If this is so, why would Holley make a jet change set
and why wouldn't one size fit all?

-------------- next part --------------
   Thanks all - consensus seems to be that more air will suck more fuel
   and will make more power. If this is so, why would Holley make a jet
   change set and why wouldn't one size fit all?

   El El lun, 27 feb 2017 a las 17:26, <[1]shawkins777 at comcast.net>
   escribiA^3:

     A  A Charles,
     A  A I'd expect that the increased air flow would pull more fuel
     from the
     A  A jets at the venturi.
     A  A Steve
     A  A
     A __________________________________________________________________
     A  A From: "to Charles McCall" <[2]charlesmccall at gmail.com>
     A  A To: "Detomaso Email List" <[3]detomaso at detomasolist.com>
     A  A Sent: Monday, February 27, 2017 9:05:18 AM
     A  A Subject: [DeTomaso] Theoretical question of the day
     A  A Will a carburated engine make more power by simply installing a
     freer
     A  A flowing air filter with no changes to the carb? Or removing the
     filter
     A  A for
     A  A that matter?
     A  A A fuel injection computer will adjust the mixture to be able to
     take
     A  A advantage of more oxygen, but fuel flow in the carb is limited
     by jet
     A  A size.
     A  A I'd expect a small increase in power to be possible but the
     fuel flow
     A  A will
     A  A soon be limited by jet orifice diameter, and it won't make much
     more
     A  A power
     A  A despite the extra air.
     A  A A significant change in airflow would require rejetting the
     carb to
     A  A take
     A  A advantage of the improvement, right? Or wrong?
     A  A Thanks all!
     A  A _______________________________________________
     A  A Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
     A  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
     A  A DeTomaso mailing list
     A  A [4]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     A  A To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
     etc.)
     A  A use the links above.
     A  A Members who post to this list grant license to the list to
     forward any
     A  A message posted here to all past, current, or future members of
     the
     A  A list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
     archive
     A  A or approve the archiving of list messages.
     etc.) use the links above.