[DeTomaso] Cabin heat question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Feb 23 16:58:07 EST 2017

In a message dated 2/22/17 8:51:06 AM, jim.kosloskey at jim-kosloskey.com
writes:

> I am the original owner and this has not been on the road for nearly 30
> years. It is a 1974 L and I never had any of the typical issues with the
> vehicle. I drove it every day in the Summer to work and around town. Just
> before I parked it the heater valve became difficult to operate.
>

>>>Be very careful, because the original levers on an L-model are cheap
plastic, and break easily.

Remove the driver's side kick panel (next to the throttle pedal) and see if
you can actuate the valve by hand.   It should move fairly freely.   If
it's become stiff, it could stand to be replaced.   Disconnect the cable from
the valve to test to ensure that binding isn't confined to the cable, instead
of the valve, before tearing into the heater.

I'm excited to hear about an original Pantera (and original owner)
returning to the road!   Tell us more about your car--where are you located?
Photos would be great too!

Welcome back!

   In a message dated 2/22/17 8:51:06 AM, jim.kosloskey at jim-kosloskey.com