[DeTomaso] Tie rod thread size

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Sun Feb 19 17:01:09 EST 2017

Mike has it correct at 1/2-20 thread which is the same as National
Standard Fine Thread (NSF) for 1/2 inch thread standards as you can look
up in your machinest Hand book. In our same Rack rebuild box we use a 7/8
- 20 which I believe is for the big thread that is double nutted and lock
ringed that takes a lot of pounding on the inner tie rod. This is the
single biggest failure point for rebuilt racks. This inner tie-rod needs
to be tightened down tight and then backed off to allow a smooth pivot,
then lock the double nuts together and solidly peen the lock ring on both
sides.
Larry @ Pantera Parts Connection

On 2/19/17, 12:02 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Mike Drew via DeTomaso"
<detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of