[DeTomaso] Interesting ammeter situation.

Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Tue Feb 14 23:10:10 EST 2017

My first guess would be a bad diode in the alternator, BUT since it was just rebuilt, that should not be.
I can only provide therotically, but I would want to see if there was ANY AC voltage on the 14 vdc when it is charging.
There shouldn't be, but I can't provide what the expected AC would be nor when it is bad,
I have thought about how to smooth out the mechanical regulator (capacitor on the field current), but would think the electronic would provide a smoother output