[DeTomaso] fuel injection fuel pump in gas tank

Scott Bell scott at saccrestorations.net
Mon Feb 13 17:40:34 EST 2017

Like this?

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af207/Z06_Pantera/Z06%20Pantera/IMG_0009.jpg

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: DeTomaso [mailto:detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com] On Behalf Of Rich Hoppe
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2017 12:08 PM
To: DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
Subject: [DeTomaso] fuel injection fuel pump in gas tank

I am working on one of my cars to install a fuel injection system.
I purchased a "tanks" electric fuel pump that mounts in the gas tank.
The company tanks is concerned that I don't have a baffle in the tank and
said they will not honor a warranty because they are afraid that the pump
will burn up due to running dry while cornering.

Does anyone have experience with an electric pump in the tank?
should I worry about this?

Second question is I need to extend the electric lines in the tank down to
the pump.
Do I need to get special wires that can handle the fuels or do the std
plastic coated wires work without a problem?

Thanks Rich