[DeTomaso] FW: Anyone Know this Local Pantera on Craigslist?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Feb 11 17:42:20 EST 2017

   Well, that and the website has nothing on it, except a few nice photos
   of Porches and a lot of hot air.  The guy probably thinks of the
   Pantera as a "lesser" car and might be brokering it for some
   unsuspecting owner, or maybe even an estate.  A more serious Craiglist
   seller would give a lot more details about the car.
   Things I noticed:
   - It's had a CB or other radio installed at one point; the mic hanger
   is still screwed to the dash
   - The engine looks to have an aftermarket intake and air cleaner.
   Something I'd hardly expect to be installed in under 20,000 miles but
   some owners will want to do things like this pretty quick too, so grain
   of salt here.
   - The engine has a good bit of rust I'd associate with a car having a
   lot more than 20,000 miles, though it's possible it got it in storage,
   not that big a deal really.
   - What was the mileage rating on those original Arrivas?  Would you
   expect the same tires (looking that good) on a 20,000 mile car?
   It's a very nice looking car.  It's been shined up very well to make it
   look nearly new.  As an original car with nothing really wrong with it,
   the price might be close to what I'd pay, but higher than what I'd
   offer.
   It will be a great Pantera for whoever buys it.
   Asa
Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA
[1]http://w7tsc.org
[2]http://www.teampanteraracing.com