[DeTomaso] Unknown1265 deck lid window

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 13:40:06 EST 2017

Occasionally I receive photos of a car where the sender does not know the VIN.

But if I have enough details (Owner name, or registration plate, or motor number, etc.)

I can still enter it in the registry, as an unknown, until it can be identified.  But it needs to have some key feature.

If a car is stock, with no key or unique feature. there are just too many, as all cars started out 'stock', right?

Here is one car (Unknown1265) I received photos of, back in 2015.  There car was reported to be in France.

Only today going thru old stalled mail, did I notice the unique (or rare) feature this car actually has. -  A rear window! (in the
deck lid)

It also has no quarter panel markers.

I'd estimate a build date (not FR date) of March to July 1972.

Features include:

7+8" wheels (BFGoodrich tires), ribbed deck lid, round-wrap bumpers front and rear, chrome air cover (later),

Euro-(orange) tail lights, 2-pod dash, no outside gas filler, chrome rear bar and aluminum mounts.

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/Unknown1265/Unknown1265.asp

Anyone recognize this car?

Chuck

The De Tomaso Registry Guy